Nuclear Power Engineering
Would you like to know how nuclear power plants work and why they are safety? Join our course in Nuclear Power Engineering!
The program is aimed at training professionals in nuclear power engineering. After graduating from this program, you will be able to maintain and operate nuclear power plants and its main equipment such as nuclear reactors, steam generators and steam turbines. In-depth study of theoretical basis in nuclear reactor physics, thermal hydraulics and nuclear power plant safety will be also performed.
- individual approach and on-going assistance;
- the course is delivered in English;
- joint projects and research activities with teachers' engagement;
- international contacts for future career at top positions;
- communication with experts from leading construction and engineering companies;
- scholarships to study abroad in English in one of the European partner universities (a semester or a summer school).
About the program
SPbPU diploma: Master of Science in Nuclear Power Engineering and Thermal Physics
Major areas of expertise:
Our graduates become nuclear power plant engineers, and typically work for nuclear power plants and manufacturing establishments.
They may start with entry-level positions, which often deal with maintenance of plant equipment, and further they can be promoted to senior managerial positions, or to continue their studies in doctoral programs.
2 years, full-time 3 semesters at SPbPU + 1 semester abroad (optional)
Total workload / Credits
Tuition fee per year:
The program is taught in English
- The analysis of external influences on heat removal to ultimate consumer for the NPP with VVER-1200
- The comparative analysis of molten core catcher for the NP
- The analysis of control programs influence on equipment cyclic load capability for the NPP units
- The efficiency elevation of operating process for the moisture steam reheater system of NPP
- The comparative analysis of structural design for NPP safety systems pipes using PNAE-G and ASME regulatory documents
- The thermohydraulic design of medium nuclear reactor unit with slightly overheated steam
- The thermohydraulic design of VVER nuclear reactor with REMIX-fuel
- The technic-economical validation of small and medium NPP at Cameroon
- The investigation of heat removal from essential consumers for the NPP with VVER-1200
- The neutron design of sodium-cooled fast reactor
You are kindly required to fill in an on-line application. International applicants may find additional information concerning admission at SPbPU web-site.
Lappeenranta University of Technology (Finland). Strategic focus areas of this university are green energy, technology and the sustainable value creation, and the international role as a hub of Russian relations Master Degree Program “Nuclear Power Engineering”
Power Machines is the leading manufacturer of steam turbines and auxiliary equipment for nuclear power plants. Power Machines has delivered equipment not only in Russia, but also in Finland, Iran, India, China etc.;
Rosatom is Russian state company, which unites all spheres of nuclear power usage from uranium mining to waste disposal. Every nuclear company in Russia is a part of Rosatom.
Studying how nuclear power plants work will be one of the most significant discoveries in your life!