Nuclear Power Engineering
Maintain and operate nuclear power plants.
- sophisticated and constantly updated training program;
- research projects supervised by successful energy experts;
- program in English;
- company visits;
- international contacts for future career;
- extracurricular activities;
- life in the cultural capital of Russia.
About the program
Major areas of expertise:
Our graduates become nuclear power plant engineers, and typically work for nuclear power plants and manufacturing establishments.
They may start with entry-level positions, which often deal with maintenance of plant equipment, and further they can be promoted to senior managerial positions, or to continue their studies in doctoral programs.
2 years, full-time
Total workload / Credits
Tuition fee per year:
The program is taught in English
- The analysis of external influences on heat removal to ultimate consumer for the NPP with VVER-1200
- The comparative analysis of molten core catcher for the NP
- The analysis of control programs influence on equipment cyclic load capability for the NPP units
- The efficiency elevation of operating process for the moisture steam reheater system of NPP
- The comparative analysis of structural design for NPP safety systems pipes using PNAE-G and ASME regulatory documents
- The thermohydraulic design of medium nuclear reactor unit with slightly overheated steam
- The thermohydraulic design of VVER nuclear reactor with REMIX-fuel
- The technic-economical validation of small and medium NPP at Cameroon
- The investigation of heat removal from essential consumers for the NPP with VVER-1200
- The neutron design of sodium-cooled fast reactor
You are kindly required to visit the “How to apply section” to learn the Step-by-Step Admission procedure before and after arrival.
Power Machines is the leading manufacturer of steam turbines and auxiliary equipment for nuclear power plants. Power Machines has delivered equipment not only in Russia, but also in Finland, Iran, India, China etc.;
Rosatom is Russian state company, which unites all spheres of nuclear power usage from uranium mining to waste disposal. Every nuclear company in Russia is a part of Rosatom.
- International community
- Student unions
- Cosmopolitan cultural, industrial, scientific and business center, birthplace of Russian president, background of famous Dostoevsky novels, UNESCO heritage site, most European city of Russia, St. Petersburg is a great place to live and to study.