Microelectronics of Telecommunication Systems
Are you keen on advanced electronics and communication systems? Then join us!
Master’s students of the Microelectronics of Telecommunication Systems course are trained to do research and development in the field of integrated circuits design as well as in micro- and nanoelectronics for up-to-date wireless telecommunications systems. The program covers RF, analog, and digital circuits design for receivers and transmitters and digital signal processing based on FPGA and microcontrollers.
- the course is delivered in English;
- solid background in the field of advanced microelectronics;
- developing communication and learning skills: the ability to write coherent and consistent science papers and documents, the ability to manage your own learning and make use of primary research sources and reviews
- advanced software for computer integrated circuit simulations: Cadence Design Systems, ADS, Microwave Office, ANSYS, Comsol;
- modern equipment for measuring and test: Rohde & Schwarz, Keysight;
- advanced digital design knowledge based on Xilinx FPGA;
- scientific research activities, regular participation in seminars, conferences and forums;
- joint projects and research activities with teachers' engagement;
- cross-cultural studies and other extracurricular activities at the University;
- scholarships to study abroad in English in one of the European partner universities (a semester or a summer school).
About the program
Master of Science (MSc) in Electronics from Peter the Great St. Petersburg Polytechnic University, Russia
Major areas of expertise:
Upon graduation of this course one may pursue positions in R&D departments in international companies in the field of IC design for telecommunications, such as NXP Semiconductors, Infineon Technologies, Fraunhofer Institute, ST-Microelectronics, TSMC, WinSemiconductors UMC. A possible position is “a design engineer”.
There is also an option to continue studies and get PhD. The program has been started in 2015. 24 persons have been graduated.
Total workload / Credits
Tuition fee per year:
The program is taught in English
|Theory of Telecommunication Systems and Networks||5|
Design of Microelectronic Digital, Analog and RF Circuits including
Design of Integrated Transceivers, Microelectronics Filter Design, Circuit Computer Simulations
|Simulation and Optimization Methods in Integrated Circuits Design||4|
|Physics of Integrated Circuit Technology||3|
Micro and nanoelectronics including
Microelectronics Materials, Functional and Organic Microelectronics, Nanoelectronics Basics
Digital Signal Processing including
Basics and FPGA based design
|Master’s Thesis and Research Work||57|
- RF integrated circuit design for wireless systems (5G, RFID, wireless sensor networks, GLONASS-GPS-Galileo),
- RF Measuring process based on LabView platform,
- A-to-D and D-to-A convertor circuit design for wireless systems,
- Calibration systems for ADC and DAC,
- Digital signal processing based on FPGA and ASIC realizations,
- Thermoelectric generator design based on MEMS technologies for wireless systems,
- Energy harvester and sensor design for wireless sensor network based on MEMS technologies,
- Organic materials with advanced properties for microelectronics.
You are kindly required to fill in an on-line application. International applicants may find additional information concerning admission at SPbPU web-site.
Technische Universität Hamburg-Harburg (Germany) The University’s main principles are: the priority for research, interdisciplinary approach, innovation, and international cooperation.
International Master's degree program in “Microelectronics and Microsystems”
Fraunhofer Institute for Integrated Circuits (Germany) The Fraunhofer Institute for Integrated Circuits conducts research and development for industry and public authorities. The Institute researchers develop microelectronic systems and devices along with the required integrated circuits and software.
Leibniz University of Hannover (Germany)
Paris Polytechnic University (France)
Czech Technical University in Prague (Check Republic)
Staying in the most beautiful city of Russia - Saint-Petersburg - will reward you with unforgettable experience!