Advertising and communications in the international sphere
The aim of the program is to train advertising and PR professionals with knowledge of new media technologies, advertising, public relations, including media content creation and management technologies, and capable of organizing full-cycle advertising and PR projects in the field of international cooperation and international marketing communications.
Key competencies and skills
- integration of international experience of professional community representatives, foreign lecturers (with PhD degree) in program implementation makes it possible to learn about current trends in the design of international communication projects, as well as effective models of strategic management of international relations using modern communication technologies and tools;
- students will be able to test advertising and communication projects in the international sphere on the modern equipment of the "Center for Sociological Research and Digital Communications" training laboratory at Higher School of Media Communications and Public Relations;
- students of the program can be trained in international exchange programs, European scholarship program Erasmus+.
About the program
Master Degree from Peter the Great St. Petersburg Polytechnic University, Russia
Possible job positions:
2 years, full-time
Total workload / Credits
Tuition fee per year:
The program is taught in English
|1st semester||History and Methodology of Science||3|
|Digital Resources in Scientific Research||3|
|Foreign Language in Professional Activities||3|
|Scientific research methods||6|
|Current global trends in the communications industry||3|
|Advertising and PR Technologies||6|
|Scientific research work||3|
|2nd semester||Advertising and PR Technologies||6|
|Strategic communications in the international sphere||9|
|Media communications in international relations||3|
|Network Communications Advertising||3|
Internship (Company Projects)
Scientific research work
|3rd semester||International brand management||6|
|Communications management or Reputation management||6|
|Educational Foresight or Career Adaptability||5|
|Scientific research work||5|
|4th semester||Interpreting and presenting research results||3|
|Creative technologies in international communications or Critical thinking and decision-making||3|
|Professional and creative practice||9|
|Master thesis and Final Exam||9|
- Cultural features of gender symbols usage in international advertising
- Features of planning an international advertising campaign in the context of epidemiological restrictions
- Strategic planning of a campaign for the entry of a national brand into the international market
- Strategic planning of digital communications in an international advertising project
- Participation in the university's network programs
- Opportunities of the Center for Sociological Research and Media Analytics
- Multicultural Environment
You are kindly required to fill in an on-line Electronic admission system application. International applicants may find additional information concerning admission at SPbPU web-site.
"Crystal Orange" is a youth educational project organized by the Youth Center for the Development of Public Relations "Crystal Orange", the Civic Chamber of the Russian Federation, the Russian Association for Public Relations (RASO), the Association of Public Relations Teachers (APSO), the Association of Directors for Communications and Corporate Media of Russia (AKMR). The competition is included in the top 10 best student projects in the country, annually brings together more than 1000 students from 40 Russian cities and is aimed at identifying talented students in the field of humanitarian and media technologies, communication management and social engineering.
The initiator of the competition is the non-profit partnership "Perm Representative Office of the Russian Association for Public Relations" with the support of RASO.
The competition is held with the aim of increasing corporate culture, brand recognition of companies, and is also designed to strengthen relations between PR specialists.
Possible practice placement: