Energy Technology (Triple Degree)
The energy sector provides excellent opportunities for smart and innovative minds. It is so incredibly vast that it’s hard to know where to start. We’ll help you experience the world of energy knowledge on a global scale.
Join our Trilateral Master's programme and you will deepen your knowledge, skills and competences in a wide range of energy engineering subjects, including Turbomachinery, Heat Transfer, Thermal Power Plants, Bioenergy, Electrical Machines.
The programme is designed to give a highly qualified specialization in the field of Energy Technology. It is offered in English language by:
- Peter the Great St. Petersburg Polytechnic University, Russia in cooperation with
- Leibniz Universität Hannover, Germany in cooperation with
- Lappeenranta University of Technology, Finland.
After graduating, you will be able to design, construct, operate, manage and maintain power plants in the most efficient way, taking into account economic, environmental and societal aspects.
- triple degree diploma;
- three countries involved;
- the course is delivered in English;
- visits to industrial facilities;
- scientific research activities, regular participation in seminars, conferences and forums;
- joint projects and research activities with teachers' engagement;
- international contacts for future career at top positions;
- cross-cultural studies and other extracurricular activities at the University.
About the program
Fundamental background & Practical skills in the following fields:
Prerequisite knowledge covering at least the following content of mathematics and engineering sciences:
Successful graduates from the study program will be awarded with three degrees:
Major areas of expertise:
The program prepares students to go on to careers as professionals and experts in the rapidly developing, multidisciplinary area of energy and the environment, or to continue their studies in doctoral programs.
Total workload / Credits
Tuition fee per year:
The program is taught in English
Major Courses in Energy Technology:
- Renewable Energy;
- Turbines of TPP and NPP Working Processes of Turbines;
- Reliability and Diagnostic of Power Machines
General Scientific courses:
- History and Methodology of Science;
- English for Technical Communication;
- Scientific Discourse
- Scientific and Research Work;
- Internship Course Projects;
- Master thesis
- Energy Economics;
- Modern Energy Problems;
- Modern Energy Technologies;
- Computer-Aided Technologies
- Smart Readiness Indicator for Campuses
- Inspection and Maintenance of Fluidised Bed Boilers
- Application of Active Thermal Control Methods for Improving the Thermal Cycling Performance and Service Lifetime of the Machine-Side Converter of an Airborne Wind Energy Generator
- PCM Based Thermal Energy Storage System
- Energy Model for Commercial or Industrial Buildings
- Analysis of Electrochemical Impedance Spectra in the Context of Polymer Electrolyte Membrane Water Electrolysis
- Small-Scale Gas Turbine Integrated Heat Exchanger
You are kindly requested to fill in an on-line application. Find further information concerning admission at SPbPU web-site.
Lappeenranta University of Technology (Finland). Strategic focus areas of this university are green energy, technology and the sustainable value creation, and the international role as a hub of Russian relations Master Degree Program “Energy Technology”
University of Hannover (Germany). This university is a member of nine leading Institutes of Technology in Germany.
TGC-1 is the leading producer of electricity and heat in the North-West region of Russia and the second largest territorial generating company in Russia in terms of installed capacity.
South-West Power Plant is the energy facility of a new generation equipped with the state-of-the-art equipment, modern energy systems and process automation.
Cosmopolitan cultural, industrial, scientific and business center, birth place of Russian president, background of famous Dostoevsky novels, UNESCO heritage site, most European city of Russia, St. Petersburg is a great place to live and to study.