Mechanics and Mathematical Modeling for Oil and Gas Industry
Looking for opportunities to realize advanced projects in oil and gas production? Join our program!
Why should you choose “Mechanics and Mathematical Modeling for Oil and Gas Industry”?
- In-demand MSc program in English
- Strong fundamental base
- Leading professors from Polytech
- Top-ranked foreign professors
- Invited specialists from industry
- International academic mobility
- Prospective employment in R&D
About the program
Fundamental background & Practical skills in the following fields:
Special focus is set on
Oil & Gas Production
2 years, full-time
Major areas of expertise
Fundamentals in mechanics and mathematical modeling:
- Mathematical Methods in Mechanics
- Continuum mechanics
- Theory of elasticity
- Mechanics of engineering structures
- Mechanics of Porous & Granular Media
Computer simulation and computational mechanics:
- Computer Technology in Mechanics
- Finite Element Modeling
- Machine Learning
Special courses in Oil and Gas field:
- Hydrodynamic Modeling
- Fundamentals of Geology and Development of Oil and Gas Fields
1st semester (28 ECTS)
2nd semester (32 ECTS)
3rd semester (27 ECTS)
4th semester (33 ECTS)
- Optimization of the Poisson's coefficient of linear elastic elements
- Behavior of flat auxetic at stability loss of its cellular periodicity
- Modeling of medium flow in control valves and assessment of their hydraulic and strength properties
- Modeling of proppant transfer and subsidence in hydraulic fracture.
- Investigation of mechanical properties of longitudinal layered composite "polyimide-inorganic substrate" by finite element method
- Mathematical model of hydraulic fracturing in quasi three-dimensional setting
- Mathematical modeling of coolant injection into unsaturated layer
Key competencies and skills that you will develop
- Solving real-life professional problems
- Advanced knowledge in various fields of mechanics and mathematical modeling techniques
- Carrying out projects in Matlab, Wolfram Mathematica and Maple programming environments
- Solving problems in Ansys and Abaqus packages
- Hands-on experience in machine learning
Realize your own project or join research teams on the base of our Research & Educational centers!
The main purpose of the center is to carry out R&D projects for Gazprom Neft PJSC, as well as to train highly qualified specialists in oil and gas production.
Сenter for Scientific and Technical Creativity of the Youth “FabLab Polytech”
This is an open high-tech workshop for the youth. The main purpose of the center is to provide students and schoolchildren with the opportunity to realize their technical ideas and to develop their start-ups.
REC “Biomechanics and Medical Engineering”
The main purpose of the center is to carry out fundamental and applied research in neurophysiology, biomechanics and medical engineering and manufacturing of details with complex geometry and structure, as well as printing implants of internal organs and skeleton by using three-dimensional printing in particular.
Jump at the internships opportunities in European universities and leading industrial companies!
Where will you work afterwards?
- Oil and gas industry companies
- Research and production companies
- Engineering companies
- Scientific and Research Centers
Tuition fee per year:
- 334 600 Rubles
International applicants may find additional information concerning Admission procedure before and after arrival or fill in an on-line application if they have already made a decision.
Learn more about MSc Degree Program Mechanics and Mathematical Modeling
Staying in the most beautiful city of Russia - St. Petersburg - will reward you with unforgettable experience!
- Corr. member RAS, Dr.Sci. Anton M. Krivtsov, Program scientific supervisor
- Dr. Olga Loboda, Program supervisor
- Ms. Ekaterina Saprykina, Program coordinator
- 29, Polytechnicheskaya str., St. Petersburg, 195251, Russia (Building AF, room A2.23)