Mechanics and Mathematical Modeling
Looking for opportunities to realize advanced projects in mechanics? Join our program!
If you choose our program, you will acquire all the necessary practical skills and fundamental knowledge for professional career development in international engineering or research companies. Special focus is set on oil and gas production.
Program profile. Major areas of expertise:
I. Fundamentals in mechanics and mathematical modeling:
- Mathematical Methods in Mechanics
- Dynamics of Thin-walled Structures
- Mechanics of Shells
- Methods for Solving Elasticity Problems
- Micromechanics of Heterogeneous Media
- Mechanics of Porous and Granular Media
II. Computer simulation and computational mechanics:
- Computer Technology in Mechanics
- Finite Element Modeling
- Machine Learning
III. Special courses in Oil and Gas field:
- Hydrodynamic Modeling
- Fundamentals of Geology and Development of Oil and Gas Fields
Tuition fee per year:
- for foreign students: 301 000 Rubles
- for Russian students: 231 800 Rubles
You are kindly required to fill in an on-line application. International applicants may find additional information concerning admission at SPbPU web-site.
Why Mechanics and Mathematical Modeling?
- Strong fundamental base
- Hands-on training courses
- Top-ranked foreign visiting professors
- Invited specialists from industry
- International academic mobility
- Internships at research centers and companies of St. Petersburg
- Special resources of SPbPU, namely, scientific research center “Gazpromneft-Polytech”, the supercomputing center and digital fabrication laboratory “Fab Lab Polytech”
Key competencies and skills that you will develop:
- solving professional problems to increase the efficiency of industrial companies
- advanced knowledge in various fields of mechanics and mathematical modeling techniques
- carrying out projects in Matlab, Wolfram Mathematica and Maple programming environments
- solving problems in Ansys and Abaqus packages
- experience in machine learning
Where will you work afterwards?
- Oil and gas industry companies
- Research and production companies
- Engineering companies
- Scientific and Research Centers
University of Turin (Italy)
LLC “Gazpromneft Science & Technology Centre” (Russia)
Professor W.H. Müller (H-index 26)
Professor U. Nackenhorst (H-index 19)
Professor H. Altenbach (H-index 39)
Delft University of Technology (the Netherlands)
Professor A.V. Metrikine (H-index 33)
Professor W.T. van Horssen (H-index 22)
Institute for Problems in Mechanical Engineering (Russia) of Russian Academy of Sciences.
Staying in the most beautiful city of Russia - St. Petersburg - will reward you with unforgettable experience!
Learn more about MSc Degree Program Mechanics and Mathematical Modeling