Technology Leadership and Entrepreneurship
Taking into consideration the emergence of new technologies and constantly changing of our environment which leads to uncertainty, there is a huge need for people with entrepreneurial skills who can answer these challenges. Companies are looking for employees who can generate new ideas easily, ready to learn fast and to adapt easily for everyday changing situation.
The program is aimed at training specialists in organizational and managerial activities in the direction of «Entrepreneurship in the field of advanced production technologies» with the development of applied skills for the creation and development of scientific business.
The program consists of two main tracks: Entrepreneurship (tech) and Intrapreneurship. It offers a unique opportunity to turn students` technology business ideas into successful start-ups (Entrepreneurship (tech)) yet to develop leaders and professionals inside the innovative ventures (Intrapreneurship).
Who you will become: Entrepreneurs in the high-tech sector. Intrapreneurs. The researchers of the processes of entrepreneurship.
FEATURES OF EDUCATION
During the study students work on their own startup or a research project, including on the basis of the Russian-German Center of Innovation and Entrepreneurship "Polytech Strascheg" (SCE).
Exchange semester with foreign university partners: Germany (MIASS, TU Berlin), Finland (LUT), etc.
Study with international students. Classes and intensives are conducted by leading foreign teachers, trainers, business angels and venture investors.
Individual learning trajectories
Educational tracks "Technological Entrepreneurship” and "Intrapreneurship".
Area of study: “Launching and managing knowledge-intensive production ventures”
Award: Master of science (MSc)
Candidates are required to hold a Bachelor`s or Master`s degree in any subject area, all applicants must demonstrate English language proficiency at B+ level
Examination in the field of economics, management and entrepreneurship and interview in English language with program coordinator (option – via Skype)
Written online application. International applicants may find additional information concerning admission at the official website of SPbPU english.spbstu.ru
Duration of program: 2 years
- for foreign students: 305 000 Rubles
- for Russian students: 244 800 Rubles
Why Technology leadership and entrepreneurship program?
- Possibility to choose the most suitable educational track for you:
- Track №1 - Entrepreneurship (tech).
- Track №2 - Intrapreneurship.
- Start-up accelerator for students who will take track №1. Moreover, we provide mentors for students who want to make their own start-up.
- Possibilities to do an internship in Russian leading technological companies: CML , BIOCAD and others.
- REAL PROJECTS: unique opportunity to start and develop your own business or to take part into the real industrial project.
- Leading Russian and international professors, coaches, business angels and guest lecturers will help students to build entrepreneurial or intrapreneurial career.
- Experienced coaches and mentors will help and challenge you on the way to make a successful career.
- Wide range of opportunities for international mobility (a semester abroad in Germany, Finland and other countries).
- The program has a supervisory council which includes leading experts in innovative and industrial business.
- This program takes place in St. Petersburg, one of European`s most beautiful university towns and a high-tech hotspot in Russia. Students will live and study in the designated “cultural capital” of Russia.
The first term is a broad view on what you will do during your master. Firstly we provide some courses for personal development. You will know how to be a leader and find your own way in the world. Every educational module is reflection of studying philosophy "Learning by doing". All students will get a possibility to work in a team on a real project to present it in the end of the semester.
- Global business design group project (global entrepreneurship)
- Entrepreneurial competency development in the organization of high-tech enterprises
- Leadership, communication skills and team building
- Project management in high-tech industries
- The markets and technologies of the future
- Organization of high-tech production
- Managing new venture growth and venture capital
Starting from the second term we divided program into 2 tracks: Entrepreneurship (tech) and Intrapreneurship. Now you may continue working on your own idea or start learning about intrapreneurship. During the whole semester students from Track №2 will have internship in the already existed project. Students from Track №1 will work on their own projects.
- Life cycle management of high-tech products
- Commercializing advanced technology and business planning
- Analytical methods of decision making and entrepreneurship research
- Innovation management and open innovation / Design thinking and business models
Running into the third semester you have to make decision which track is more convenient for you. Both tracks are focused on co-creation education. You continue working on your business project or developing existed project. All students will learn how to internationalize the business and make it successful in global market.
- Managing new high-tech venture growth and venture capital / Finance, project estimation and venture capital
- Social and sustainable innovation / Innovation supply chain management
- Entrepreneurial marketing / Marketing of innovation
- HR-management / Value creation, differentiation and sales
The final term is time of working hard on your master thesis. Your master thesis can be a business plan of your venture, a consultancy plan for a company or research work on Entrepreneurship.
Internship. Preparation and defense of master's thesis
- Russia - CompMechLab (Russia`s leading engineering center)
- Russia - BIOCAD (Russia's leading innovative biotechnology company)
- Russia - Russian-German Center for innovation and entrepreneurship "Polytech Strascheg", Technopark and Business incubator
- Germany - Strascheg Center for Entrepreneurship, Munich University of Applied Sciences
- Germany - Technical University of Berlin
- Germany - Munich University of applied sciences
- Germany - Hannover University
- Germany - Reutlingen University of applied sciences
- Austria - University of applied sciences Upper Austria
- Finland - Aalto University, Helsinki
- The Great Britain - City University London
- +7 (812) 591-65-28
- +7 (921) 999-52-95 (Program coordinator: Vladimir Shchegolev)
- Russia, 195251, St. Petersburg, Polytechnicheskay str, 29AF, Scientific-research building, G. 3.10